Date: October 21 – 23, 2016
$10 – Saturday only activities
$30 – Full Weekend Activities and Camping
(See below for registration times and schedule of events)
Venue: SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus
Name: Richele Floyd
Phone No: (863) 904-4073
Aerospace Discovery Weekend is a 3-day youth aerospace camping adventure held on the SUN ‘n FUN Expo campus to introduce young men and women to the dynamic world of aviation. This event is formerly known as WINGS ‘n THINGS!
Youth groups will find unique opportunities ranging from an astronaut’s presentation to learning how the science of sports relates to flying an airplane.
Free Admission on Saturday and Sunday to tour the Official Aviation Museum of the State of Florida (Regular Admission is $8 for Students and $10 for adults)
A “First Flight” opportunity is offered to youth who have never flown in a general aviation aircraft (Ages 8-17)
Activities include but are not limited to…….
- Fly in an actual airplane! (Ages 8-17)
- Design and Launch a Rocket
- Flight Simulators
- Play Dodgeball
- Scavenger Hunt – Chances to win a drone!!
- Bounce House
- Martial Arts Demonstration
- Solar and Stellar Exploration
- Learn how the science of sports relates to flying an airplane
- Over 10 interactive STEM learning stations
- Craft area for the younger campers
(Suggested Ages 7 and Under)
Create a space Vehicle, Clothes Pin Airplanes, Design a butterfly
- Lunch is provided on Saturday WITH PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY.
- Tour the Official Aviation Museum of the State of Florida (Regular Admisison is $8 for Students and $10 for adults)
- Church Service available on Sunday
- and more!
FEATURED SPEAKER ON SATURDAY AT 7 P.M.
Astronaut – Greg Johnson
- Largest Group in attendance
- Furthest Group Traveled
Weekend camping admission of $30 per person includes:
- Dry tent camping for Friday and Saturday night (Oct 21 and 22)
- Shower houses on-site
- ALL Day and Evening activities
- FREE Entry to the Aerospace Discovery
- First Flight Opportunity
- Lunch on Saturday
Camping registration opens on Friday at 2 p.m.
Saturday activities open at 9 a.m.
Sunday campground closes at 12 noon
Last day to register is October 14, 2016.
More information or questions contact email@example.com or 863-904-4073.
Would you like to help fly kids? Click here for more information.
Flight Flight Pilot Information
We have a couple of requirements for pilots who wish to participate and support SUN ‘n FUN’s education programs.
SUN ‘n FUN will need a current copy of the following:
- Pilot’s License
- Medical Certificate
- Current Flight Review
- Insurance coverage – $100,000 per seat liability required
Pilot must have achieved the following:
- at least 250 hours total time
- at least 20 hours in the last six months
- 90 day currency in First Flight aircraft.
All First Flight pilots are required to complete the Pilot Information Form. A copy along with the items mentioned above must be provided to SUN ‘n FUN prior to flight operations.
Thank you for sharing your love of flight with the youth of today!